Communications and Customer Service Manager
GMC Utilities Group
GMC Utilities Group are seeking an experienced professional for the position of Communications and Customer Service Manager with a proven track record in areas relating to Public Relations, and Customer Service.
This is a full-time permanent position with a competitive salary, reporting to the Group Communications and Customer Service Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
Communications Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing GMC’s external and internal communications strategy and annual planning.
- Creating and delivering communication materials and events for public residents, consumers, corporate, sustainability and employee engagement campaigns.
- Managing relationships with relevant stakeholders including the public, media, partners, associations, and employees etc.
- Supporting with the development and delivery of senior leadership profiling opportunities.
- Responsible for Communications KPI reporting and development.
- Managing agency partners and third-party vendors.
- Supporting wider business with communications projects.
- Monitoring industry trends and continuously updating methods, processes, and tools to be best-in-class.
- Produce project specific communications plans (as required), identifying stakeholders and risk analysis.
- Produce Customer Impact Assessments for upcoming projects.
- Pre-construction stakeholder identification and notification.
- Produce letters for client works.
- Manage outage notification process (physical carding and liaising with critical stakeholders by phone/email: schools, hospitals, prisons, clinics, etc).
- Monthly / ad hoc meetings with client communications team regarding upcoming/ongoing projects.
- Attending site visits on a regular basis for the purposes of relationship building and to address any potential concerns.
Customer Service Duties & Responsibilities:
- Issues management and crisis communications.
- Responsible for Customer Service KPI reporting and development.
- Complaints management process, ensuring adherence to contract KPI’s.
- Liaising with client complaints team in relation to complex complaints and attendance at monthly meetings.
- Liaising with client claims team to confirm works carried out.
- Management of telephone / CRM systems.
- Handling customer complaints or concerns in a timely and professional manner to maintain good relationships.
- Assisting with or performing administrative tasks for Senior Management as well as advising the Board of Directors on potential issues.
- Auditing work and customer service to ensure the company’s high standards, efficiency, and productivity goals are met.
- Maintaining strong relationships with all parties involved.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, ensuring the company’s adherence to these regulations.
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers, and facilitate organic growth.
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused on that mission.
- Develop service procedures, policies, and standards.
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Control resources and utilise assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities and foster a strong working relationship with all departments and branches with special attention to the internal workshops.
- Develop & foster customer relationships with regular communication to understand their needs and expectations while acting with urgency and flexibility to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide solutions that fulfil our customers’ needs and expectations with speed, accuracy, and exceptional customer service.
- Direct and coordinate cross-functional teams to ensure a consistent customer experience across all touch points.
- Utilize business tools such as CRM to report and achieve KPI’s.
- Providing clear and concise weekly and monthly analytical and strategical reports on KPIs.
- Ensure that all customer/client contractual obligations are implemented and maintained as required.
- Be aware of the potential environmental impacts associated with your work and the implications of non-conformance.
- Champion data protection compliance, ensuring all processes, systems and data within area of responsibility are operating compliantly and within the requirements of the GDPR and its principles.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These “other duties” will be agreed with management prior to any assignment.
Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Positively contributing to the Customer Service Team, Senior Management, and culture within the organisation
- Recruit, mentor and develop the Customer Service Team and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for Customer Service Team.
The Candidate: Essential Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Marketing & Communications role, devising and delivering campaign driven marketing initiatives within the construction or utilities sector.
- 3 years’ experience as a people manager with a proven track record of leading a high performing team.
- Third-level degree is essential in Communications, Business, Marketing, or related field is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite essential.
- Full clean driver’s license.
- An experienced storyteller with the ability to translate complex topics into simple language that resonates with all stakeholders.
- Media relations expert who has a large network of media contacts
- Proven track record of internal communications experience including developing a positive employee culture and creating content for employee communications.
- Creative and results-focused with the ability to the think outside the box and generate cut through press coverage to build a brand’s profile.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a press office and public expectations.
- Confident, motivated, can work independently, be a team player as well as manage a team.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines, whilst keeping a close attention to detail.
- A strategic mind-set with time management abilities to meet targets, monitor progress and budgets, and report on performance.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to find the best solutions to challenges.
GMC Utilities Group are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. This role requires applicants to have the right to work in Ireland and requires the post holder to reside in Ireland.