Careers @ GMC Utilities
Join our Team
Do you want to be part of a winning team where you will be valued, recognised and rewarded for your contribution to our business success?
GMC Group is currently looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join our team. This is a fulltime contract position for clients which include Irish Water, NBI, Local Authorities and private Clients
Position: Design Engineer
Delivering quality projects that are on time and budget are critical to the performance of GMC Group. The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of projects across all aspects of the business from a design point of view. Projects must be delivered to specification, and in accordance with agreed company standards. A strong ethos on health and safety, compliance, reporting, and documentation are essential.
The Utility Design Engineer role is to support the Design Manager in various aspects of design data management, to enable and facilitate the successful delivery of the fibre network build project. The role will require a good working relationship with the site teams, and engineers in order to achieve accurate and timely build data, as well as reporting on site issues that must be escalated for redesign and commercial considerations.
- Gain an understanding and apply the knowledge of the clients contract requirements
- Coordinate with Project Manager and Site Teams, to support compliant activities and commercial alignment
- Support build activities with targeted data and map solutions per work stream
- Assist the design manager with analysis and reporting from the GIS system
- Assist with As-Build and inventory data collation / compliance for handover
- The knowledge to assess the clients LLD’s for proposed build in order to support a practical and cost-efficient project delivery
- Keen to learn and add to the project development.
- Analytical attention to detail.
- Good team player.
- Strong I.T. and Microsoft Office skills.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Capability to work to deadlines.
- Capability to adhere to and create good processes.
- Engineering degree in civils, environment, renewables or mechanical.
- Utilities background overhead and underground networks.
- Design background (GIS; AutoCAD).
- Experience of quality assurance management.
About GMC Group
We are recognised as a quality partner to large organisations for telecoms, civils, utilities, facilities and technical services.
Where we are going
The future for GMC is bright. We have engaged with our staff and other stakeholders to agree and publish our Core Values. One such core value is our “Focus on the Future” – we have ambitious plans to develop our footprint in Ireland and overseas. Our growth to date reflects the confidence that our customers have in our service delivery, in the innovative approach that we bring to how we do our work, and to our culture of safety and quality.
Want to join the team?
To apply, please fill out the form below. You can upload your CV in the following formats – .doc, .docx or PDF
Please fill out all details, thank you.