Careers @ GMC Utilities
Join our Team
Do you want to be part of a winning team where you will be valued, recognised, and rewarded for your contribution to our business success? GMC Group is currently looking for an experienced Front Line Managers to join our team. This is for fulltime positions for clients which include both EIR and National Broadband Ireland (NBI).
DetailsPosition: Front Line Manager (National Fibre Roll Out)
Location: Leinster, Ulster and Connaught
Delivering quality projects that are on time and within budget are critical to GMC Group performance. The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of projects on the Telecommunications side of the business from a construction point of view. Projects must be delivered to specification, and in accordance with agreed company and client standards. A strong ethos on health and safety, compliance, reporting, and documentation are an essential quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing numerous operational crews within specific Deployment Areas.
- Commercially aware of projects costs, and reporting to DA Project Manager.
- Liaising and corresponding with Client Representative to enable the successful delivery of projects and building of relationships.
- Review Drawings with a high level of detail.
- Provide detailed data from site to enable Design Department amend Designs.
- Leadership within the project site team.
- Ensure customers’ expectations are fulfilled with any complaints dealt with in a timely manner.
- Apply GMC Project technology ESRI applications to assist in streamlining delivery processes.
- Monitor progress of site work, ensure work is completed on time and within budget. Plan and oversee delivery of materials and manage any discrepancies where appropriate.
- Ensure that all works are built in accordance with NBI/Eir specifications, particularly from a Quality viewpoint.
- Good knowledge of HSQE requirements, ensuring works are built in accordance with legislation and all other legal requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing the traffic management as well as health and safety on-site and ensure all safety checks are carried out.
- Liaise with Local Authorities in the inspection of the condition of footways prior and post installation works.
- Liaise with the workflow department regarding the programming and scheduling of work.
- Manage all assigned administration effectively.
- Collaborate with clients to enable them to maximise the value of their infrastructure.
- Fibre Optic Underground or Overground experience.
- Fibre Roll Pre Works (Civils) Experience.
- The successful candidate preferably to have a qualification in engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with interpretation of Design and Design Change proceeses.
- Strong I.T. and communications skills.
- Experienced in dealing with site activities and multiply teams.
- Team player.
About GMC Group
We are recognised as a quality partner to large organisations for telecoms, civils, utilities, facilities and technical services.
Where we are going
The future for GMC is bright. We have engaged with our staff and other stakeholders to agree and publish our core values. One such core value is our “Focus on the Future” – we have ambitious plans to develop our footprint in Ireland and overseas. Our growth to date reflects the confidence that our customers have in our service delivery, in the innovative approach that we bring to how we do our work, and to our culture of safety and quality.
Want to join the team?
To apply, please fill out the form below. You can upload your CV in the following formats – .doc, .docx or PDF
Please fill out all details, thank you.