Careers @ GMC Utilities
Join our Team
Do you want to be part of a winning team where you will be valued, recognised and rewarded for your contribution to our business success? GMC Group is currently looking for an experienced Graduate Engineer to join our team. This is a fulltime position for clients which include Irish Water, NBI, Local Authorities and private Clients.
DetailsPosition: Graduate Engineer (Civil, Energy, Mechanical, Construction)
Location: Dublin, Leinster & Connaught
Delivering quality projects that are on time and budget are critical to GMC Groups performance. The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of projects across all aspects of the business from a design and construction point of view. Projects must be delivered to specification, and in accordance with agreed company standards. A strong ethos on health and safety, compliance, reporting, and documentation are an essential quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for running numerous projects within urban and rural environments.
- Commercially aware of projects costs, and reporting to Project Manager.
- Liaising and corresponding with client and Client Representative to enable with the successful delivery of projects, and building of relationships.
- Review drawings with a high level of detail.
- Amend designs after feedback.
- Leadership within the project site team.
- Liaising with Site Engineers Site Agents to manage work and site resource requirements.
- Ensure customers’ expectations are fulfilled & build confidence & trust.
- Interrogate & continually improve project processes.
- Apply new technology in an innovative way to create new services and streamline delivery processes.
- Collaborate with clients to enable them to maximise the value of their infrastructure.
- Quality control of works.
- Learning HSQE requirements.
- Monitor progress of site work, ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
- Plan and oversee delivery of materials and manage any discrepancies where appropriate.
- Ensure that all work complies with client requirements and safety legislation alongside other legal requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing the traffic management as well as health and safety on-site and ensure all safety checks are carried out.
- Thorough control of setting out & site cost/value.
- Liaise with the workflow department regarding the programming and scheduling of work.
- Update client on work progress and act as first point of contact for members of the public and sub-contractors.
- Deal with complaints from customers about work carried out and resolve
- Manage all administration effectively.
- Full Drivers Licence
- Some I.T. & communications skills.
- Team player.
About GMC Group
We are recognised as a quality partner to large organisations for telecoms, civils, utilities, facilities and technical services.
Where we are going
The future for GMC is bright. We have engaged with our staff and other stakeholders to agree and publish our core values. One such core value is our “Focus on the Future” – we have ambitious plans to develop our footprint in Ireland and overseas. Our growth to date reflects the confidence that our customers have in our service delivery, in the innovative approach that we bring to how we do our work, and to our culture of safety and quality.
Want to join the team?
To apply, please fill out the form below. You can upload your CV in the following formats – .doc, .docx or PDF
Please fill out all details, thank you.