Careers @ GMC Utilities
Join our Team
Do you want to be part of a winning team where you will be valued, recognised and rewarded for your contribution to our business success?
GMC Group is currently looking for an experienced Site Agent to join our team. . This is a fulltime position for clients which include Irish Water, NBI, Local Authorities and private Clients.
Position: Site Agent (Water /Drainage / ESB/ Telecoms)
Location: Dublin, Leinster & Connaught
Delivering quality projects that are on time and budget are critical to GMC Groups performance. The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of projects across all aspects of the business from a construction point of view. Projects must be delivered to specification, and in accordance with agreed company standards. A strong ethos on health and safety, compliance, reporting, and documentation are an essential quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for running numerous projects within urban and rural environments.
- Commercially aware of projects costs, and reporting to Project
- Liaising and corresponding with client and Client Representative to enable the successful delivery of projects, and building of relationships.
- Review drawings with a high level of detail.
- Amend designs after feedback.
- Leadership within the project site team.
- Liaising with Contracts Manager and Site Agents to manage work and site resource requirements.
- Ensure customers’ expectations are fulfilled & build confidence & trust.
- Interrogate & continually improve project processes.
- Apply new technology in an innovative way to create new services and streamline delivery processes.
- Mentor designers and identify training needs for junior site team.
- Monitor progress of site work, ensure work is completed on time and within budget. Plan and oversee delivery of materials and manage any discrepancies where appropriate.
- Ensure that all work complies with client requirements and safety legislation alongside other legal requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing the traffic management as well as health and safety on-site and ensure all safety checks are carried out.
- Liaise with Local Authorities in the inspection of the condition of footways prior and post installation works
- Liaise with the workflow department regarding the programming and scheduling of work.
- Update client on work progress and act as first point of contact for members of the public and sub-contractors.
- Deal with complaints from customers about work carried out
- Manage all administration effectively.
- Collaborate with clients to enable them to maximise the value of their infrastructure
- Quality control of works.
- Good knowledge of HSQE requirements.
- Good knowledge of ground support systems.
- Civils, drainage or utilities (water & electricity) experience.
- The successful candidate preferably to have a qualification in engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with reading of design.
- Good I.T. and communications skills.
- Experience in dealing with site activities and multiply teams.
- Team player.
About GMC Group
We are recognised as a quality partner to large organisations for telecoms, civils, utilities, facilities and technical services.
Where we are going
The future for GMC is bright. We have engaged with our staff and other stakeholders to agree and publish our core values. One such core value is our “Focus on the Future” – we have ambitious plans to develop our footprint in Ireland and overseas. Our growth to date reflects the confidence that our customers have in our service delivery, in the innovative approach that we bring to how we do our work, and to our culture of safety and quality.
Want to join the team?
To apply, please fill out the form below. You can upload your CV in the following formats – .doc, .docx or PDF
Please fill out all details, thank you.