Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor
GMC Utilities Group
GMC Utilities Group are seeking an experienced professional for the position of Senior Quantity Surveyor.
This is a full-time permanent position with a competitive salary, reporting to the Commercial Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the identification of commercial risks and opportunities and carry out value engineering exercises as required.
- Prepare and manage material procurement schedules.
- Encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness and ensure that contracts are fulfilled by rigidly maintaining records, contractual notifications, change control, etc.
- Prepare internal cost/value reports for upper management and other departments.
- Ensure risk registers, variation trackers and extension of time tracker sheets are reviewed and updated monthly and included within monthly reports.
- Preparation of Cost Reports and reviewing of project cost reports.
- Attend monthly management meeting, report on commercial issues, and offer opinion on matters arising.
Subcontractor procurement and account reviews during project.
- Daily liaison with accounts department.
- Review of supplier requisitions and accounts.
- Review of subcontractor documents and updating of templates, including appointment documents, payment certificates.
- Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope.
- Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary.
- Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with customers, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments.
- Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the management team informed of project performance.
- Assist in the guidance and development of junior surveyors.
- Manage project costs to ensure over all budgets are maintained.
- Look for opportunities to maximize revenue and reduce cost and identify and investigate losses.
- Advise on contractual matters – general and project level.
- Process contractual claims and all associated records.
- Look for opportunities to maximise revenue and reduce cost and identify and investigate losses.
- Assist with project cash management.
- Advise and support with project correspondence.
- Negotiate and agree subcontractors.
- Negotiating subcontract and suppliers’ prices and terms.
- Ensure final accounts are closed in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely drafting of commercial/contractual correspondence.
- Prepare subcontract and suppliers documents.
- Prepare and review monthly cost reports.
- Negotiating subcontractors and suppliers final accounts.
- Variations: measurement and pricing.
- Variations: Negotiate with client, quantity surveyor and subcontractor.
The Candidate: Essential Experience and Competencies:
- Civils, drainage, or utilities (water & electricity) experience essential.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in a Quantity Surveying role within the construction or utilities sector.
- Professional qualification in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management or equivalent is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite essential.
- Full clean driver’s license.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident, motivated, can work independently, be a team player as well as manage a team.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines, whilst keeping a close attention to detail.
- A strategic mind-set with time management abilities to meet targets, monitor progress and budgets, and report on performance.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to find the best solutions to challenges.
GMC Utilities Group are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. This role requires applicants to have the right to work in Ireland and requires the post holder to reside in Ireland.