Position: Design Engineer
GMC Utilities Group
GMC Utilities Group are seeking applicants for a Design Engineer to join our team.
This is a permanent position in our Design Team working on projects for clients which include Irish Water and Power Projects
Duties/Responsibilities/Experience: (Not all below required for candidates)
- Responsible for running numerous projects within urban and rural environments, with particular attention to urban environments
- Experience with UK, US, Aus or Irish Water Standards (Potable & Foul) or Power Utility Standards.
- Experience with MEICA (Mech & Elec) , HDD and non-invasive methodologies
- Experience with structures, buildings and general civils, associated with the Water or Power Industry (i.e Steel framed buildings, or RC structures).
- Commercially aware of Design costs and reporting to Commercial Department.
- Experience with detailing cost to complete values, and claims narratives on a Design basis.
- Liaising and corresponding with Client and Client Representative to continue with delivery of projects, and building of relationships.
- Design and Construct Experience with extensive knowledge of review of drawings with a high level of detail, for Value Engineering or Efficient Design
- Study design briefs and prepare proposed design packs from Concept to Detailed designs, with Input into Environmental, Archaeology and other associated aspects , as well as manage subcontracted and direct design resources.
- Ability to produce low level programmes that are in line with contract requirements, which can be developed by Planning/Programming Teams
- Good leadership skills and communication with multiple levels of staff, departments, Clients, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and work on initiative to deliver a packages within required timeframes
Salary: Competitive Salary depending on experience
21 days annual leave
Pension following the completion of the probation period
Annual Bonus subject to team and individual performance