Works on the Bawnogue valving scheme involved the installation of a set of three new actuated butterfly valves and three new flow meters in chambers on a new 700mm Ductile Iron main at Alpine Heights, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin.
The scheme was located near the junction of Bawnogue Road and New Nangor Road. The proposed works were contained within the green area along New Nangor Road in proximity to the junction. The main elements of the works were situated within the extents of the Alpine Heights housing estate.
The installation will allow for the actuation of the new valves and will provide for increased accessibility for operation and maintenance by South Dublin County Council.
An existing tee/valve complex on New Nagor Road will be retained as part of the upgrade but access/operation of these valves, on a busy road, will no longer be regularly required, due to the newly designed and installed configuration of the network, which in turn reduces the associated risk of accessing vales on a live road.
The design included for:
• Installation of 3 no. Butterfly Valves (BV) in individual chambers as part of a new tee arrangement.
• Installation of 3 no. inline Flow Meters (FM) on each branch of the proposed tee.
• 6 no. new chambers in total to be installed flush with existing ground level in green area at Alpine Heights.
• A new telemetry kiosk will be installed in proximity to the BV and FM chambers.
• A new single phase power supply and associated ducting.
• The kiosk will include a telemetry backboard complete with MMiM outstation and VA modem.
• A new section of DN700mm pipework within the grassed area at Alpine Heights to accommodate connection of the new valves and flow meters.