Position: Environment and Sustainability Officer
GMC Utilities Group
Key responsibilities and duties
To ensure compliance with all regulatory and company requirements relating to organisations activities.
Responsibility for the supporting the ongoing maintenance and development of the Environmental Management Systems, including:
- To communicate effectively throughout the company on Environmental issues and to actively participate in management meetings.
- Support communications and relationship with all Regulatory Bodies to best represent the interests and intentions of the company.
- Support the Group Compliance Managers with regard to the development of group objectives.
- Promote the development of a positive Compliance culture within the organisation/Facility.
- Provide reports relating to Compliance as necessary to management.
- Support the business needs of the company through innovative and efficient approaches in achieving Compliance requirements that enhance the continuing development and growth of the company.
- Coordination of required monitoring, measurement and calibration tasks.
- Support emergency planning and provision of support role to incidents as they arise and emergency situations.
- To effectively communicate Compliance requirements to staff through meetings, toolbox talks and learn from events.
- Coordinate, manage and deliver Compliance related training, (company requirements, procedures new legal requirements etc.), inductions, staff training etc.
- Report on incidents and accidents and monitor follow up actions.
- Monitor objectives and promote their delivery;
- Carry out audits and inspections.
- Generate awareness of Compliance matters and seek to resolve issues that arise.
- Maintain, audit and communicate requirements for our end of waste status for material.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with contractors, to ensure they are complying with policies and procedures.
- Support & maintain ISO14001 certification for the site’s environmental management systems and procedures.
- Monitor operations to ensure compliance with COR/WFP & WCP requirements.
Competitive Salary depending on experience.