***** UPDATE JANUARY 2023 - THIS JOB LISTING IS NOW CLOSED *****
Position: Environmental and Sustainability Manager
GMC Utilities Group
Currently looking for an Environmental and Sustainability Manager for Frameworks procured with Irish Water, ESB, Gas Networks Ireland & Civils Projects. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary package.
Based: Dublin 15 and Leinster Region
Key responsibilities and duties;
- Drive the delivery of the sustainability strategy, in collaboration with colleagues across the business, embedding it throughout the organisation and advancing sustainability commitments such as carbon, biodiversity, circular economy
- Manage the delivery of specific programmes, projects, and initiatives to help achieve the targets and goals set out in the sustainability strategy.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business giving support and guidance on all aspects of sustainability in particular net zero, biodiversity, circular economy and supply chain management to help achieve targets.
- Engage with suppliers, vendors, and contractors, relating to environmental and sustainability performance and improvements
- Monitor and share guidance on emerging sustainability related legislation, policy and industry best practice and trends, advising on potential risks associated with emerging legislation and recommend solutions.
- Represent the Group on industry committees and other groups, and liaise with various representative bodies, membership organisation in relation to sustainability
- Develop, update and communicate sustainability policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree (environmental management/engineering or related degree is highly desirable, although not essential).
- Experience in the area of environmental sustainability essential with some experience/knowledge in the areas of social sustainability an advantage
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills and tact when dealing with confidential/sensitive information.
- Ability to work as an independent self-starter and manage and prioritise multiple tasks and projects.
- High level of professionalism and confidence to work effectively with colleagues from all levels of the organisation, including senior leaders, functional managers and the employee population
- Demonstrated success in driving solutions involving multiple stakeholders and layers of management, and multiple simultaneous deliverables.
- Familiarity with sustainability reporting standards and ratings e.g. CDP, TCFD
- Demonstrable understanding and knowledge of key sustainability issues (current and emerging) such as carbon management and climate change policy, biodiversity, circular economy and supply chain.