Position: HSQE Advisor ROle (based in Wexford)
GMC Utilities Group
Job type: Permanent / Full-Time
Sector and subsector: Power Contract
Salary: Negotiable Salary
Join our Team
Do you want to be part of a winning team where you will be valued, recognised and rewarded for your contribution to our business success?
This role is a mix of office and field on a large Power contract in Wexford.
- Advise and instruct on all safety-related matters on site.
- Carry out risk assessments and enforce preventative measures.
- Provide health and safety training to employees such as manual handling, toolbox talks and safety induction.
- Carry out regular safety inspections and audits.
- Create a positive approach to accident prevention and protection of the environment and will initiate and maintain positive measures to raise safety, health and environmental standards and awareness.
- Assist in the preparation of reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to management.
- Implement the company’s health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, and management systems.
- Assist in the maintenance of Health & Safety KPIs to help drive improvement in all related matters.
- Support management in the development of H&S procedures, policies, and programs.
Experience with Drainage and Power is essential.
- Recognised applicable 3rd Level Qualification in Health and Safety.
- Proficient in MS Office packages.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Full clean driving license.
About GMC Group
We are recognised as a quality partner to large organisations for telecoms, civils, utilities, facilities and technical services.
Where we are going
The future for GMC is bright. We have engaged with our staff and other stakeholders to agree and publish our core values. One such core value is our “Focus on the Future” – we have ambitious plans to develop our footprint in Ireland and overseas. Our growth to date reflects the confidence that our customers have in our service delivery, in the innovative approach that we bring to how we do our work, and to our culture of safety and quality.
Apply For This Position