UPDATE – This position is no longer available
Position: IT Support Technician
GMC Utilities Group
Working in a team of 2 you will be providing level 1 & 2 support for various day to day IT issues across various technologies, systems and software in 2 head offices and across multiple regional offices throughout Ireland. You will also be required to assist in additional project work as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who has a keen interest in IT and wants to advance their IT skills and career within a busy IT environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance and support of company IT infrastructure.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Maintain and update asset management system.
- Provide on-site support for all IT related issues & queries as they arise and provide remote support via email, telephone & remote-control software.
- Support will include setup and troubleshooting of laptops, desktops, IP phones, mobile phones & tablets, printers.
- Familiar with networking technologies & equipment.
- Familiar with some or all of the following, Windows 10/11, Windows server, Active Directory, VMware, Office 365 administration, Domain Controllers, File Servers.
- Must be able to quickly learn and work on own initiate to resolve issues.
- Must be able to work well and communicate effectively with users of a broad range of computer competency levels.
- Must have own transport as the company have multiple offices located throughout Ireland that may sometimes require on-site support.
- Must be a self-starter who is willing, enthusiastic and have an enduring personal interest in technology and computing with the drive to constantly progress and learn more.
- Any of the following certifications are an advantage: CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, CCNA, MCSA.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an IT Support role supporting a Windows and Microsoft Office based environment.
Hardware troubleshooting Help Desk Support Hardware Installation PC Support
Pension Fund Mobile Phone Laptop
Apply For This Position