Position: Quantity Surveyor - Estimator
GMC Utilities Group
Location: Dublin, Louth, Galway
Job type: Permanent / Full-Time
Sector and subsector: Construction & Trades | General
Salary: Negotiable Salary
Join our Team
Do you want to be part of a winning team where you will be valued, recognised and rewarded for your contribution to our business success?
We are looking to hire a QS to join our team with a minimum of 3-5 years post graduate experience that has ambition to grow within the company. Experience with Utilities a distinct advantage.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Survey, cost and prepare tenders for projects
- Track all changes in the designs from updated drawings that are received or from changes in construction following site visits
- Ensure all variations are submitted for approval in advance of works being carried out ideally
- Measure work on site and submit valuations for claims
- Obtain quotations from subcontractors and negotiate the rates
- Select and source construction materials
- Maintain a good line of communication with all on site staff
Where we are going
The future for GMC is bright. We have engaged with our staff and other stakeholders to agree and publish our core values. One such core value is our “Focus on the Future” – we have ambitious plans to develop our footprint in Ireland and overseas. Our growth to date reflects the confidence that our customers have in our service delivery, in the innovative approach that we bring to how we do our work, and to our culture of safety and quality.