UPDATE: July 11th 2023 - This position has now been filled.
Position: Quantity Surveyors
GMC Utilities Group
GMC Utilities Group are seeking applications for a Quantity Surveyors to join our team.
These are full time permanent positions working on projects for clients which include Irish Water and Gas Networks Ireland
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Survey, cost and prepare tenders for projects
- Track all changes in the designs from updated drawings that are received or from changes in construction following site visits
- Ensure all variations are submitted for approval in advance of works being carried out ideally
- Measure work on site and submit valuations for claims
- Obtain quotations from subcontractors and negotiate the rates
- Select and source construction materials
- Maintain a good line of communication with all on site staff
- Degree level qualification
- Previous experience in civil engineering
- Able to work within a team
- Adaptable, motivated and uses own initiative
- Good leadership skills and communication with multiple levels of staff, departments, Clients, Suppliers and Subcontractors
- Understanding of Contracts
- Clean Driving Licence
Where we are going
The future for GMC is bright. We have engaged with our staff and other stakeholders to agree and publish our core values. One such core value is our “Focus on the Future” – we have ambitious plans to develop our footprint in Ireland and overseas. Our growth to date reflects the confidence that our customers have in our service delivery, in the innovative approach that we bring to how we do our work, and to our culture of safety and quality.