On Wednesday, 16 GMC staff attended a Groundforce safety training course in Portlaoise.
Members of the EUSR Categories 3, 4 & 5 – Install, Inspect & Remove Timber, Steel and Proprietary Excavation Support Systems course were split into groups of eight for two sessions over two days.
The following objectives applied:
– Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
– Differentiate between soil types and conditions
– Recognise suitable ground retention systems
– Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
– Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards
– Be able to safely install, remove and inspect steel shoring equipment with practical experience in doing so
– Interpret specific temporary works designs