Position: Temporary Works Manager
GMC Utilities Group
GMC Utilities Group are currently looking for a Temporary Work Manager for Frameworks procured with Irish Water, ESB, & Civils Projects. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary package.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Implementing & Development of current Temporary Works (TW) procedures and assessing and controlling all risks associated with TW.
- Manage amendments/changes to TW requirements and provide expert advice on typical TW items and oversee all relevant inspections and audits.
- Undertaking designs in-house or checking sub-contractor designs.
- Liaising with the design and build team to provide technical advice and knowledge.
- Ensure TW requirements are identified sufficiently in advance of work and recorded appropriately.
- Ensure responsibility for design and independent checking of design is allocated and accepted and that a satisfactory brief is established for each design to enable all TW to be co-ordinated.
- Ensure that independent design checks are carried out and designs amended where necessary prior to implementation.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are applied to control and manage changed requirements for TW inclusive of re-design and independent checking prior to use.
- Ensure site managers acting as Temporary Works Co-Ordinators are suitably trained and receive the correct advice in order for them to undertake their role in accordance with procedures
- Conduct site TW inspections and ensure quality output based on approved plans and specifications. A good working knowledge of health and safety on site is also useful during visits.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Civils, drainage or utilities (water & electricity) experience.
- The successful candidate preferably to have a qualification in engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with reading of design.
- Good I.T. and communications skills.
- Experience in dealing with site activities and multiply teams.
- Team player.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Company Vehicle
- Performance Related Bonus